Some passenger experience highlights from Iberia, who are on-track to restart their onboard meal service, as well as reopen its premium Dali lounge at Madrid.
It seems that Iberia is catching up, with the airline turning to DO&CO for the provisioning of meal services onboard their services. The new food options look locally, at Mediterranean ingredients as part of the makeup of the onboard service.
What can you expect?
Short and Medium Haul
- Business Class Breakfast -Hot breakfasts are offered – including an omelette served with salted spinach, or a Spanish-style omelette accompanied by fresh tomato concassé and roasted green peppers, or an omelette with avocado and red onion accompanied by oven-baked tomatoes. In addition, butter croissants are also served alongside fresh seasonal fruit, a superfood bowl of craft yoghurt with seeds and berries plus coffee, tea and fruit juices. On longer flights, a plate of Spanish cheese and cold cuts is included.
- Business Class customers on flights within Spain or to/from Portugal will be served a cold snack and a main dish (such as a smoked salmon tartlet with Japanese rice served on a light cream of wasabi, or a dressed cherry tomato salad with authentic buffalo mozzarella and mint, or roast beef with hummus, baked courgettes and black olives) plus fresh fruit.
- On longer flights, Business Class customers can enjoy hot lunch or dinner, which includes a fresh salad starter, and a choice of main dishes that will always include a vegetarian option.
- In Economy Class on flights longer than four and a half hours, Iberia will also introduce a new product for them including a selection of healthy wraps and a sweet treat (for example spinach wrap with chicken and green peppers or a beetroot wrap filled with egg, couscous and mushrooms served alongside a lemon or orange muffin) served with cold or hot drinks, including freshly made tea and coffee.
- Business Class customers on long-haul flights will be offered a main meal which includes a cold starter, for example, roast beef carpaccio served with grilled vegetables and Cipriani sauce followed by a choice of three hot dishes. Offerings include roast lamb with smoked roast peppers on a bed of pea and edamame mousseline or Langostines with homemade tomato and Parmesan sauce served with grilled broccolini and rice. The vegetarian option in November is a spinach quiche with Manchegan cheese and a mild Romescu sauce. November desserts include a passion fruit pannacotta and a Spanish cheese plate (Mahon, Manchegan with paprika and goats cheese).
- Depending on the time of day and destination, the second service of either breakfast or afternoon snack and on the longest flights (dependant on time or day), there is an additional service between meals including salads, fresh fruit and sweet…